The first work team has arrived in Wilmington safe and sound! All 45 youth are present and accounted for and the adults are all excited to get started on our mission work!
It was a great day to be in Wilmington, given the July 4th fireworks! After our opening worship service, we walked down 3 blocks to the river and watched the fireworks being shot off the battle ship! It really was one of the coolest fireworks displays I've ever seen!
As I watched the fireworks, I listened to the crowd "oooh and aaahh" over the fireworks shaped like smiley faces, stars and hearts. They would be amazed by the fireworks with big bangs. For 20 minutes the crowd was captivated by these fireworks. I kept thinking imagining what it would be like if we worshiped God with that same attentiveness and sense of awe!
Our theme for the week is "A week in the Son"! I pray that throughout this week, the youth here learn to be amazed by the works of God, just like they were with the fireworks last night! I know if they pay attention as closely as they did last night, they will have no choice but to be amazed!
I know its short, but I just wanted to check in this morning to let you all know we are here safely and ready to serve God!
No comments:
Post a Comment